Thursday, September 24, 2009

The significance of work

A job is very important in life. It gives your life meaning and purpose, it gives you self esteem and happiness.

I'm a painter (ifatart.com), and I can't tell you how painting is central and important to me and how much it gives me. Not that it is easy - I have to work hard to improve my skills and many times it is frustrating and hard work - but it is worth it, it allows me to be happy and proud of myself.
A feeling of moving toward something, of increasing satisfaction and achievement.
Nothing can give you this kind of feeling except a job you devote yourself to.

I'm not talking about a 9-to-5 job at McDonalds - I'm talking about a goal in life - a productive goal in life of something you want to do and can do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not post links which are not relevant to the subject. Such links will be deleted.

Do trees know that they are in an urban area?

When I see trees decorating the streets and sides of the road I usually have this peculiar feeling or thought. I know that this tree I'm...